top of page
Lockhart Child Development Center provides quality, developmentally appropriate, child development services for children 3 months through 5 years of age. LCDC will demonstrate best practices in early childhood development to provide a model setting for our community and families. LCDC will also offer guidance and mentoring for Rowan Cabarrus Community College’s students in their study of young children.
The purpose of LCDC is to:
1. Provide quality childcare services to the families in Cabarrus County.
2. Offer training for Rowan Cabarrus Community College’s students who are studying child development in an environment that provides high-quality learning experiences for children.
3. Develop excellent childcare providers and compensate them appropriately.
The Teaching Staff of Lockhart Child Development Center strive to:
• Provide an enriched environment to meet the needs of children in our care.
• Provide a nurturing and stimulating learning environment.
• Provide developmentally appropriate experiences in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and physical development.
• Provide experiences which promote the development of independence and positive self-concept in each child.
• Provide resources and opportunities for parent education, partnership, and involvement, so that the child’s experience in the program becomes integrated with the home environment.
Goals for Children to develop
• Healthy self-concept.
• Positive trusting relationships with teachers and peers.
• Security and a feeling of success.
• Socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically through interactions with adults, children, and exploration with learning materials.
• Independence and personal care skills.
• Enjoyment of creative experiences.
bottom of page